Easy DIY Projects: Drip Candles & Gold Dipped Jars
Posted on June 16 2017
Wine Bottle Drip Candles
- Clear Wine Bottles
- Other Clear Bottles of a similar shape for variety
- Mini Glue Gun Kit
- Taper Candles
- Large Pot
- Step 1: You'll want to start with removing the labels from your wine bottles. Fill your pot with hot water (doesn’t have to be boiling, just hot). Fill your wine bottle with water (so it doesn’t float to the top) and submerge it the pot. Let it soak for an hour and then remove, and peel off the labels. Some will slip right off, but others may need scrubbing. Then let them dry.
- Step 2: Keep some of your candles whole, but break some in half and thirds some whole - you'll like the variety! Then use your knife to cut down the wax on the bottom halves of the candles to reveal the wick.
- Step 3: Press your candles into the necks of the bottles. If they are too wide, you may need to shave down the bottom. Put some hot glue around the rim of the bottle so the candle stays secure.
- Step 4: Light the candles and let them melt for the finished look!
Gold Dipped Jars
- Glass Milk Bottles or other Vintage Glass Vases
- Foam Paintbrush
- Liquid Leaf Gold Paint
- Newspaper or Paper Towels
- Step 1: Pour liquid leaf into a bowl or tubberware that you don’t mind throwing away after use.
- Step 2: Dip your foam brush into the paint and carefully apply the paint to the jar. Aim for full gold coverage in the areas and also varying heights of paint - you'll like the variety.
- Step 3: Let them dry (approx. 2 hours).